Systems Support Technician
in WEST JEFFERSON, OH
The Systems Support Technician will act as the level one, first point of contact and support for issues related to the systems and applications in a fulfillment center environment. The System Support Technician will strive to provide quick and professional support while working with end-users via phone, tickets, face-to-face and/or email communication, using their knowledge and available tools to resolve issues. If an issue is beyond their scope, they will provide quick and accurate escalation to the proper IT teams. In such escalation cases, they may also serve as the liaison between the logistic business team and other IT support teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, customer-focused support of desktops, printers, RF guns, mobile devices, application and systems.
- Managing incidents within the ticketing system
- Ensure that all incidents are recorded in the ticketing system.
- Attempt to resolve all issues directly with customers; using knowledge, documentation, available tools, etc. When necessary, escalation of the incident and ticket to appropriate IT support teams.
- Follow-up on all incidents that are not immediately resolved.
- Collaborate with other IT groups to ensure efficient and timely problem solving.
- Setup audio and video requirements for meetings, presentations and video-conferences.
- Mobile device setup using a mobile device management system.
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to all IT policies and procedures as set by IT management.
- Maintain moderate level of proficiency in software and applications supported by IT.
- Participate in special projects such as software roll-out, computer moves, repairs and maintenance.
- Perform desktop upgrades and new builds as required.
- Asset\warranty\license tracking and equipment returns.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Managing the offsite rotation of backup tapes including account administration.
- Assisting the network team with onsite network administration, port configuration, cabling, etc.
- Provide onsite, physical, support in conjunction with server team for ESX hosts, blades and physical servers.
- Work with vendor to maintain printers and print supplies.
- Able to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Operates well in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 10 Operating System, Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016, Internet, printer, core applications and networks.
- Functional knowledge of VMware, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, SCCM/SCOM.
- Solid hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to navigate and troubleshoot desktop issues. Must be able to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours)
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours at a time).
- Must be able up to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A+ certification.
- Experience with software/hardware support (i.e. laptops, desktops, LaserJet printers).
- Excellent customer service skills in a corporate environment.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible