Sr. Tax Analyst
in YORK, PA
As the Senior Tax Analyst, at The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. you’ll review corporate tax compliance work and assist the VP, Corporate Tax in all aspects of corporate tax planning, compliance, accounting and financial reporting.
On the Job You’ll:
Review the Company’s sales and use tax compliance:
- Research and provide advice and guidance to other departments (e.g., AP and Purchasing) and store operations.
- Review monthly sales and use tax returns and related GL account reconciliations.
- Oversee compliance with exempt sales certificate collection policy and procedures.
- Be the point person on sales and use tax audits.
Review the Company’s income/franchise tax compliance:
- Detail review all federal, state and local income tax returns prepared by the Senior Tax Accountant.
- Review extensions and estimated tax payments.
- Communicate with taxing authorities as needed to resolve tax compliance issues.
- Be the point person on income/franchise tax audits.
Assist the VP, Corporate Tax in researching and documenting technical tax and financial reporting issues:
- Monitor and research appropriate tax laws applicable to actual or proposed fact situations.
- Analyze impact of business activities on income/franchise and sales/use taxes.
- Review tax account reconciliations and supporting tax provision work papers.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing the quarterly and annual income tax provision and footnote disclosures.
Review personal property tax compliance prepared by the Staff Tax Accountant:
- Review monthly personal property tax liability account reconciliation.
- Review personal property tax returns and payments.
- Assist with inquiries and audit requests as needed.
We’ll Value Your:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of business tax compliance experience.
- Good working knowledge of double entry accounting and general ledger and AP data systems.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interact with people outside the department (both internal and external).
- Ability to research and document various federal, state and local tax matters.
- Strong proficiency in MS office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible