Part-Time Assistant Textile & Graphic Artist
in MILWAUKEE, WI
As the Assistant Textile & Graphic Artist (Part-Time), you assist the Art team in the development of trend right artwork based on brand positioning and seasonal concepts for private brand products.
On the Job You’ll:
- Assists Art team in the creation of artwork.
- Keeps current on print and pattern trends.
- Develops original artwork with a color and fashion sense.
- Creates all artwork, including prints, stripes, plaids, jacquards, embroideries and placed graphics using CAD software.
- Develops accurate production ready artwork appropriate to vendor capabilities.
- Follows direction to ensure artwork created meets production and costing guidelines.
- Accurately matches seasonal palettes and fabric textures/heathers to Cad color printers.
- Ensures printed artwork is submitted in accurate production repeat.
- Provides multiple copies of production artwork for distribution to mill, vendor & agent.
- Provides the vendor with artwork files via email or by posting to company FTP site.
- Performs basic maintenance on Epson printers.
- Organizes work and manages projects to meet designated timelines.
- Communicates with Cad & Color Manager regarding challenging deadlines.
- Aids in organizing and maintaining the artwork library and creative digital resources.
- Assists with art team project tracking and organization of data for art team reporting.
We will Value Your:
- High level of creativity to design art using CAD software.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required; Kaledo Textile Suite preferable.
- Technical knowledge of knit/woven construction and fabric printing techniques preferable.
- Passing score on Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue color evaluation test.
- Keen sense of urgency, good organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well in a team-oriented environment.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible