in YORK, PA
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. is looking for an Internal Auditor to take on the responsibility for supporting audit activities and leading less complex audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations.
On the Job You’ll:
- Assist in performing complex financial, operational, and compliance audits or acts as the lead auditor in less complex audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards and department policies to maintain an efficient and effective internal control system throughout the organization.
- Assesses the adequacy of internal control systems to reduce identified risks.
- Partner with your Manager in the audit planning and preparation of the audit report draft.
- Participate in the ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance effort by facilitating key systems document preparation and detail control testing to promote accountability and better decision making.
- Assist with the evaluation of control effectiveness in association with the process owners throughout the Company.
- Document work performed in a logical, comprehensive, and efficient manner to facilitate Sr. Auditor and Manager review.
- Assists Sr. Auditor or Manager in refining audit tools and techniques to ensure the Internal Audit department develops state of the art audit practices.
- Participate in the process of identifying audit focus areas and assists in preparing annual internal audit plan.
- Utilize ACL software for data analysis and audit workpaper documentation.
We’ll Value Your:
- A minimum of 2 years successful auditing work experience.
- Understanding of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, etc.)
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO internal control framework.
- Personal flexibility and adaptability to complete required work on short notice or under time constraints.
- Ability to partner, communicate and foster relationships with internal customers and external auditors.
- Good analytical, organizational and interpretive skills.
- Experience with ACL Analytics and/or ACL GRC.
- Ability to identify trends and proactively find resolutions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- CPA, CMA or CIA preferred.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible