Indirect Tax Manager
in YORK, PA
As the Indirect Tax Manager at The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. you’ll manage and oversee all aspects of sales and use and personal property tax compliance including audits, and assist the VP, Corporate Tax in all aspects of indirect tax planning.
On the Job You’ll:
Manage the Company’s sales and use tax compliance:
- Review monthly sales and use tax returns and related GL account reconciliations prepared by the Staff Tax Accountant.
- Research and provide advice and guidance to other departments (e.g., AP and Purchasing) and store operations.
- Work with IT and the VP - Corporate Tax to develop and maintain supporting systems and procedures.
- Communicate with tax authorities as needed to resolve tax compliance issues.
- Oversee compliance with exempt sales certificate collection policy and procedures.
Manage sales and use tax audits:
- Respond to auditor requests for audit information and supporting documents.
- Coordinate audit support data requests with IT.
- Research sales and use tax law to support Company positions.
- Assist the VP - Corporate Tax in recommending and developing appropriate audit strategies.
Review personal property tax compliance prepared by the Staff Tax Accountant:
- Review monthly personal property tax liability account reconciliation.
- Oversee and review personal property tax returns and payments.
- Respond to inquiries and audit requests as needed.
We’ll Value Your:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of indirect business tax compliance experience.
- Good working knowledge of double entry accounting and general ledger and AP data systems.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interact with people outside the department (both internal and external).
- Ability to research and document state and local tax matters.
- Strong proficiency in MS office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible