Human Resources Coordinator Stores & Distribution Centers
in Rockford, IL
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team to support Stores & Distribution Centers across the organization. As the Human Resources Coordinator you’d be responsible for facilitating Store HR Manager Training related to employment, FMLA and ADA compliance, coordinating HR audits and communications, managing out Alert Line, and assisting with special projects.
What will you do on the job?
- Coordinate with stores ADA and FMLA leave and accommodation process.
- Approve FMLA Leave, ensure compliance and store communication with Associate.
- Ensure proper research and decide eligibility for FMLA, ADA, and other forms of leave.
- Coordinate communication and ensure interactive ongoing dialog is conducted on any accommodation request.
- Determine proper category for all forms of leave: ADA, FMLA, Discretionary, Workers Comp, Pregnancy, or Military.
- Works with Unemployment Compensation to minimize claims. Provides statistical monitoring of UC results and regularly interacts with Store/DC HR Director(s) for day-to-day matters and issue resolution.
- Coordinates with Supervisor’s new HR Manager Orientation and follow-up interviews to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Coordinates training for HR Managers (new and existing) on HR functions to include systems and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of company policies, benefits, procedures, legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and assists in communicating changes in policy to all associates.
- Coordinates HR Audits to ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Provides information to Supervisor in order to provide consistent direction to HR Managers and employees to ensure the consistent application of policies and procedures in compliance with law and policy.
- Receives and evaluates each background check for follow up from stores, to ensure FCRA compliance.
- Conducts follow up with stores to ensure each case is investigated and returned for evaluation.
- Ensure stores documentation is complete and communicates final disposition on each associate.
We’ll Value Your:
- Solid understanding of Human Resource functions, policies and practices to include legal compliance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills using reason to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills to The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full-time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- 401k Plan – with potential company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision options for full time associates who meet the eligibility requirements
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Vacation and Sick Pay for full and regular part- time associates who meet the eligibility requirements