in New York, NY
As a Designer, you will be responsible for designing a timely assortment that aligns with the direction of our Private Brand Women’s Better RTW Brand. You’ll lead the design, development, approval and presentation of new products from concept to prototype. You’ll partner with product and merchant teams to translate trends into concepts that respond to business needs. Your high energy and results driven personality thrive on presenting concepts and motivating your team.
What will you do on the job?
- Lead seasonal design direction of product in collaboration with Director of Design.
- Provide awareness of market trends in color, fabrics, style and how to interpret those trends for the brand.
- Selects colors, fabrics and design silhouettes for the upcoming season.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the customer and competition.
- Create designs that will result in products that meet the trend needs of the Buyer and ultimately the customer.
- Prepare effective presentation boards with colors, fabric, and silhouettes appropriate for the brand.
- Communicate details of the design concept to the Technical Designer to ensure that the product developed at the sample stage accurately matches the concept design.
- Supervise process of approving samples from vendors and manufacturers as well as artwork and lab dips.
- Provide leadership, management and development to your team.
We value your…
- Minimum 5 years previous design experience.
- Your previous experience working with Ready-to-Wear design and Active/Athleisure in a corporate environment.
- In-depth knowledge of silhouette, fabrication and construction research.
- Experience working with domestic and overseas vendors to create and merchandise a monthly collection.
- Comfort level with communicating and presenting to leaders.
- Your experience working with domestic and overseas vendors to create and merchandise a monthly collection.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet production schedules.
- Comfort level with domestic as well as overseas travel.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible