in YORK, PA
The Bon-Ton stores is looking for an entry level Computer Operator to join our growing IT team! As a Computer Operator you will be responsible for monitoring our systems for abends and error messages to contribute to the success of our daily computer operations.
This position has a bi-weekly rotating schedule 3 days a week:
Week 1: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6AM to 630PM.
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6AM to 630PM.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Assisting with the monitoring of computer systems and associated hardware.
- Loading peripheral equipment with selected materials such as tapes and printer papers for operating runs.
- Operating computer systems through the execution of predefined job steps following the operations schedule.
- Checking control dates and successful completion of jobs.
- Operating all computer equipment: IBM Mainframe, Xerox, laser printers by the entry of standard console commands.
- Communicating error conditions and filling out Help Desk forms in detail step resolution.
We’ll value your...
- Working knowledge of data processing equipment and peripheral devices such as printers, copiers, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible