Associate Merchant - Close to Home
in MILWAUKEE, WI
Take the next step towards becoming a Buyer or Planner as an Associate Merchant for The Bon Ton Stores!
As an Associate Merchant, you will have a multi-faceted role which merges both retail buying and retail planning functions to support our Close to Home initiative. With the guidance of your Buyer, you will buy and plan for a specific product category. After mastering the Associate Merchant role, you will move to a Buyer or Planner role depending on your interest and skillset!
You will complete market and trend research, meet with vendors in Milwaukee, and choose the next trends to place in stores for a segment of your total buyership. You will be responsible for driving the advertising strategy and deciding how to advertise your merchandise to grow sales. Your creative and innovative skills will be put to the test as you work to advertise the right product at the right price. Your trend research will allow you to proactively identify next season’s bestsellers and use them to drive top line sales. You will use your strong communication skills to work with your vendors to build a strong partnership.
You will partner with your Planner to build and manage the financial plans, complete sales projections, and ultimately decide how much merchandise to buy for our 260+ stores across the country. Your analytical and financial skills will be put to the test as you work with other members of your buying office to choose the best product at the right price to deliver to stores at the optimal time. You'll be in charge of creating exciting strategies to drive your business and capitalize on market trends.
We'll value your:
- Prior buying and/or planning experience at retailers such as Kohl's, Target, JC Penney, Sears, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to influence with credibility, analysis and judgment
- Analytical skills and ability to work within a team
- Drive for new and innovative ideas
- Passion for retail!
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills to The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full-time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- 401k Plan – with potential company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision options for full time associates who meet the eligibility requirements
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Vacation and Sick Pay for full and regular part- time associates who meet the eligibility requirements