Associate Art Director
in MILWAUKEE, WI
As an Associate Art Director, you’ll be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, coordinating and executing all facets of advertising campaigns for an omni-channel approach media as assigned to increase brand awareness, help grow our customer base.
- Participates in preplanning meetings with Marketing and Merchandising to identify objectives.
- Translates creative strategy into the most effective way to get messages across in print and electronic media for assigned projects.
- Provides clear direction to team outlining expectations to ensure project goals are clearly understood and
- creative standards are achieved.
Art Direct Projects from Conception to Launch
- Oversees all pre-planning, creative concepting, set direction, photo direction, production, reviews and pre-press work.
- Coordinates and directs the design of key covers, spreads, banners, emails, home pages, etc. to fully direct a major campaign.
- Prepares seasonal format guides for photography, styling, models, color palettes and typography.
- Ensures vendor requirements are adhered to ensure co-op collection.
- Ensures quality, consistency and accuracy of creative elements of advertising/marketing campaign.
- Reviews and approves final creative proofs for all campaigns.
- Works with Creative Services team to select talent, backgrounds, etc. to meet project objectives and timelines.
- Meets with Merchant division and Styling department to secure appropriate merchandise when needed.
- Provides on-set photo direction and provides all final selects.
- Communicates all retouching needs to premedia.
- Provides creative guidance and leadership to team to ensure work is accurate and completed according to deadline.
- Stays current with new developments and trends in advertising, design, art, photography and technology.
- Participates in pre and post seasonal critiques to review and evaluate that creative objectives are being met.
We’ll Value Your:
- Strong concepting, graphic design and photography skills.
- Effective communication skills and ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator and MS Office.
- Working knowledge of print and electronic media.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of retail climate and landscape.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible