Join the Bon Ton Stores team as an Assistant Merchant!
As an Assistant Merchant at the Bon Ton Stores, you will assist the Buyer and Planner in the mangement of millions of dollars worth of merchandise for a specific product category of our business. As a member of your buying office, you will help with merchandise decisoins and strategies our 260+ department stores across the country.
You'll assist the Buyer and Planner with maximizing in-season business performance by executing the Advertising and Promotional strategy, assist with financial reporting and analysis, build and maintain vendor relationships, and assist in merchandise assortment planning. The focus is to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to become a Buyer or Planner.
If you have retail experience and want to be a part of creating exciting strategies to drive a business and capitalize on market trends - this job is for YOU!
We’ll value your:
- Prior corporate retail experience at retailers such as JCPenney, Kohl's, Macy's, Target, etc.
- Strong analytical skills to translate vendor/classification/style data into recommended courses of action to drive results
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment as well as the ability to work independently
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible