Assistant General Counsel
in York, PA
At The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., our legal team provide business and legal counsel to teams across the organization to achieve positive business results. If you would like to be part of a team that delivers actionable information to business partners, then the Assistant General Counsel position may be just the right position for you. In this role you’d be responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and transactional documents, with some need for litigation support.
On the Job You’ll:
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of legal documents to ensure appropriate terms of a transaction and minimize legal risk to the Company. Documents include all forms of commercial contracts, such as license agreements, service agreements and IT agreements.
- Provide advice to Company management regarding contract matters and other legal issues, including some regulatory matters.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to operating units of the Company on a variety of corporate and commercial matters.
- Monitor claims against the Company, including litigation commenced against the Company. Act as the liaison between the Company and outside counsel. Provide guidance and advice to the Company relating to the defense and settlement of legal claims and suits.
We’ll Value Your:
- JD from an accredited law school with 4-8 years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Bar License or in-house certification required
- Law firm or in-house experience drafting and negotiating contracts and complex transaction documents
Experience with at least one of the following transaction areas:
- Regulatory/compliance issues related to SEC regulations and Board governance;
- Real estate transactions, especially commercial leasing; or
- Finance transactions, especially representing borrowers in large credit facilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Able to prioritize, work efficiently
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible