Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
in Milwaukee, WI
As The Human Resources Administrative Assistant, you will perform many administrative tasks that keep the HR department running smoothly and will serve as the face of the department, supporting the corporate Recruiting and Associate Relations teams.
Sitting at the HR Department Front Desk, you will provide diverse administrative functions for the Human Resources department including:
- Screening incoming calls and in-person questions independently and routing to the appropriate team member.
- Completing copies, faxes, distributions and routing correspondence and mail as needed.
- Assisting in preparing for meetings as needed, including weekly preparation of orientation folders and new hire paperwork.
- Organizing and maintaining personnel file system to ensure smooth and timely flow of information in and out of the office.
- Scheduling and coordinating candidate and team travel, appointments, meetings, and conferences and procesing all related expense invoices.
- Maintaining operation of office equipment (printer, copier) and ordering supplies for the department.
- Preparing written announcements of new hires and internal transfers.
- Preparing scripts and awards for Corporate Associate Recognition Programs.
- Coordinating special events as needed, including blood drives, fundraisers, etc.
Several days a week you will also have responsibility for working at the Bon-Ton Corporate Lobby front desk. This may include:
- Determining the nature of visitors, politely announcing visitors to appropriate personnel and/or transfering calls in a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Monitoring visitor and Associate access and ensuring all guests sign in and out.
- Distributing parking vouchers for candidates and transient Associates.
If you have a proactive, can-do attitude and aren't afraid to offer up ideas for streamlining processes, this could be a great fit for you!
We’ll value your:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information using good judgment and discretion
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Prior experience supporting or working in HR is a plus!